- Black robes (with the Guild symbol on the sleeve) are worn by the High Lord.
- Blue robes are worn by the Administrator.
- Red robes are worn by the Warriors.
- Purple robes are worn by the Alchemists.
- Green robes are worn by the Healers.
- Brown robes are worn by novices, and the High Lord's novice has the Guild symbol on the sleeve. Novices robes are shorter than the full length robes worn by graduated magicians.
For the Heads of Disciplines, they wear a black sash instead of the normal colour. The sashes of the king's advisers are gold.
Before the creation of the Guild, robes were fashionable for men to wear, as seen in The Magician's Apprentice.
|Spoilers from "The High Lord"|