The Sanctuary is where the Traitors live, hidden away from the rest of Sachaka. It is situated in the Empire mountains, most likely to the west. The Sanctuary is run by the Table of Traitors which lead their people, made up of women as men cannot hold a position of power. The Traitors use magical gemstones to perform common tasks, such as illuminating or storing power.
The Table is made up 5-6 Speakers, who have a specific role, a Director and the Queen.
Known Places in SanctuaryEdit
- Men's Room: Almost all men live here.
- Women's Room: Almost uninhabited place as most women live in private rooms.
- Private rooms: Most women use this places, can also be used as temporary rooms.
- Queen's quarters: The private rooms of the Queen.
- Care Room: A sort of hospital, directed by Kalia.
- Sewers: Sanctuary's waste disposal areas, Tyvara worked here as a punishment.
- Speaker's Chamber: All Traitor meetings are held here.
- Stone caves: The caves in which the stones grow and the gem-makers work.
|Spoilers from "The Magician's Apprentice"|
The original Sanctuary for the women was in an estate on the outskirts of Arvice. Women who were in danger were sent there in secret to live, whereas other Traitors stayed in their homes working in secret. This Sanctuary became unused since it was discovered by the Kyralian army.
After the invasion of the Kyralians, Stara and a large group of women use Chavori's maps and find a new place for them to live in the mountains. It was so far out of the way that it is rarely shown on normal maps. There they found room for farming in the hidden valley, as well as the remains of an ancient civilization, and caves with stones growing from the walls.